Last modified: Nov 20, 2020
Fooblie, Inc. (“Fooblie,” or “we,” “our,” or “us”) respects your privacy, and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Websites and Platform;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Websites and Platform;
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Fooblie or any third party;
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website or Platform.
Note, Fooblie is not a medical group. Fooblie contracts with health coaches and registered dietitians (collectively, “Providers”) regarding nutrition and health consultations, and such Providers are responsible for all clinical and medical services offered through our Websites and Platform. The Providers are responsible for providing you with a Notice of Privacy Practices describing how they collect and use of your health information, not Fooblie. If you do not agree to be bound by those terms, you are not authorized to access or use our Website or Platform, and you must promptly exit our Website and Platform.
2. Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website and Platform are not intended for children under the age of 18 and children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use our Website or our Platform. We will remove any information provided by a child under age of 18 if we become aware of it.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect different types of information about you, including information that may directly identify you, information that is about you but individually does not personally identify you, and information that we combine with our other users. This includes information that we collect directly from you or through automated collection technologies.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Platform, specifically information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, billing address, e-mail address, home and mobile telephone numbers, date of birth, credit or debit card number (for payment purposes only), medical and health history and information (including dietary information), images of you, and health information (“Personal Data”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website or use of our Platform, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or through our Platform; or
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or use our Platform and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website or use our Platform. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, for example, the Providers and our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website or through our Platform is:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or the Platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Platform, using our nutrition consultation services, using our services, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or Platform;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website or through the Platform and of the fulfillment of your purchases.
- You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website or Platform.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or Platform or transmitted to other users of the Website or Platform or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website and Platform with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and Platform, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, specifically:
- details of your visits to our Website or Platform, such as traffic data, logs, location data, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Website or use of our Platform, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or in the Platform; and
- information about your computer, mobile device, and Internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, browser type, and Platform version information.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Data or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website and our Platform according to your individual interests;
- recognize you when you return to our Website and our Platform.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect certain information relating to your use of the Website. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Website analyze how users use the site. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Website by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/). For more information regarding Google Analytics please visit Google’s website, and pages that describe Google Analytics, such as www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
4. How we Use Your Information
We use your Personal data for various purposes described below, including to:
- Provide our website or Platform to you;
- Provide products and services to you;
- Provide you with information you request from us;
- Enforce our rights arising from contracts;
- Notify you about changes; and
- Provide you with notices about your account.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- to present our Website and their contents to you;
- to present our Platform;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to process, fulfill, and administer transactions and orders for products and services ordered by you;
- to provide you with notices about your Fooblie Account;
- to contact you in response to a request;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website, our Platform, or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters. If you wish to opt-out of receiving such communications, you may do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of these communications or by visiting your My Profile page. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
- Our affiliates and third party service providers that we use to support our business;
- To a company we merge, acquire, or that buys us, or in the event of change in structure of our company in any form;
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- To affiliates and third parties for their own commercial purposes;
- To enforce our rights; and
- With your consent.
- to affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. The services provided by these organizations include providing IT and infrastructure support services, and ordering, marketing, and payment processing services. Our payment processors’ privacy policies may be found at http://stripe.com/us/privacy;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Fooblie about our Website and Platform users are among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, we may disclose your personal information to a Provider;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fooblie, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Choices About how We Use and Disclose Your Information
We offer you choices on how you can opt out of our use of tracking technology, disclosure of your Personal Data for our advertising to you, and other targeted advertising.
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. These third parties may aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Data:
- Promotional Offers from Fooblie. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Fooblie to promote our own products and services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or other marketing communications you receive from us or logging onto your My Profile page. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Fooblie as a result of a product purchase, or your use of our services.
- Targeted Advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads, but they will not be based on your online activity. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website
7. Your Rights Regarding Your Information and Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may review and change your personal information by emailing [email protected]
You can review and change your Personal Data by emailing [email protected] You may also notify us through the Contact Information below of any changes or errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible or to delete your Account. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account with us. To delete your account email [email protected] We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits residents of the State of California to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at [email protected] or write us at the contact details below.
9. Do Not Track Signals
We currently do not use automated data collection technologies to track you across websites. We currently do not honor do-not-track signals that may be sent by some browsers.
Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals, but we currently do not use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
10. Data Security
Information transmitted over the Internet is not completely secure, but we do our best to protect your Personal Data. You can help protect your Personal Data and other information by keeping your password to our Website and Platform confidential.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We use encryption technology for information sent and received by us.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for the use of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website or on or through our Platform. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website, in your operating system, or on the Platform.
12. Contact Information
You may contact us through the contact information below.
How to Contact Us:
Attn: Melissa Antal
2600 Harrison St, San Francisco CA 94110
Email: [email protected]